Thursday, May 1, 2008

Stuck in a negative vibe . . .

Get unstuck . . . now or later . . . my choice

Last week everything was going right, the sun was shining on everything and I felt good. Then I twisted my knee and it started to rain and I saw a terrible picture of myself that made me feel old. How do I get out of the pit and feel good again?

I usually go for a walk or exercise to get the endorphins going again but my leg hurts and I just don’t feel like it.

Do it anyway ! ! ! Then take something and ice the knee and know it will heal in time and I will be stronger for it.

What’s a little pain. How good will it feel when I get the result of pushing through? Don’t let anything stop the progress. Do something! Take action to shift thought, to show myself who is in charge. I am in charge . . . I am not a victim . . . I make the choices that make my life. If that choice is to feel sorry for myself today it’s ok . . . but know it is my choice and my responsibility to be whoever I am today . . . right now. . . this moment . . . is mine to make.

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible!"
Arthur C. Clarke

I am only stuck if I believe I’m stuck and right now I know I’m free to create my life any way I choose. I am grateful for this awareness and the ability to share it with anyone who is paying attention. When the student is ready the teacher appears.

Everyone has their own challenges. Who is to say what is worse or better. Just remember . . .

"You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."
from the Desiderata
Love to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arthur Clarke has written thought- provoking ideas that resonate with me. I also relate to sudden muscle spasms that catch me off guard. They remind me how I stretch my physical limits and encourage me to keep at least one foot on the ground while I explore the infinite. Your views are engaging.