Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Re-creation

It’s time to recreate myself again. It is time for me to begin to see again the beauty that is in all things including myself.

We go along with this vague unease and it conveys itself into everything we do and say and even in the way we look. When we begin to see the beauty in and around us we begin to shine with a new light and everything seems to change. Has everything changed? Absolutely! We create our reality as we perceive it and when we perceive the world around us as beautiful, it becomes beautiful. As we see ourselves beautiful, we become beautiful.

The recreation of me begins with seeing the wonderfulness in me and shining the light of my attention on that instead of the things I’m not happy about. We have all heard people talk about being too fat or too old or too hippy or to flat. Now there are medical solutions to change our faces and our bodies, surgeries and injections to enhance or reduce; a pill for this and a procedure for that. Where will it all end?

Did it begin with the bionic man and the bionic woman? Or did it begin in a more subtle way with a vague dissatisfaction with self. We felt it then we talked about it then some people realized there was a market for selling the changes people were looking for and now here we are, feeling as if we must make those changes to keep up.

Are we really any happier as a result of all these changes? Or are we just seeing the need for more and more pills and procedures to make us “ok”.

I believe the answer lies in being and loving all that I am, not changing all that I am. Just maybe we have put the cart before the horse. Maybe instead of changing the outside of ourselves and hoping that will make us feel ok, we could begin by loving ourselves just as we are and seeing the beauty all around us and feeling grateful for all the wonderfulness in ourselves and in the world around us.

The world sees us as we see ourselves. If I see myself as fat, and old that is the energy or light I give out to the world so that is what the world sees. If on the other hand I feel the love in my heart and see the beauty in me (and, by the way, it is always there) I send out an energy, a light, that is loving and beautiful and that is what other people see and feel.
If there is excess weight on the body it begins to leave. If there are wrinkles, they begin to fade. I will not look as if I’m twenty when I’m sixty but there will be a timeless beauty that shines from me and no one, including me, will think of age or have any sort of judgment when they are in my presence.

My actions and behavior will reflect the love in my heart and I will treat myself and all those around me with love and respect. And, yes, things will change. As I perceive myself and all around with love and respect that is what will be reflected back to me.

No comments: